God Can Do It

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 | 23 Comments
God Can Do It

When planning to finish a job, do you affirm “I can do it,” or “God can do it?”

There’s a big difference.

If you place the hope of accomplishment on your shoulders, there may be moments when you doubt or even despair about getting the job done right. But when you defer to God and lean on the infinite resources of divine Mind to complete the work, those moments of fear are less likely to occur, because you know you have a higher power on your team that can do what you cannot.

So, don’t limit your outcomes.

Get the little “i” out of the way and let the mega “I” take its place.

Replace “I can do it,” with “God can do it!”

Your accomplishments will soar.

“Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.” John 5:19, NLT

Print Friendly

1. Babs

Wonderful!

2. Seeker
    July 29, 2014

And…..in Divine Mind it’s already done! Thx for the reminder.

3. Chris
    July 29, 2014

Love this! Thank you! This will definitely help!

4. Grace
    July 29, 2014

Getting self out of the way opens the door to abundant possibility! Thank you for the reminder, Evan!

5. TOBIAS A. WEISSMAN
    July 29, 2014

This idea that mortals have that they are better than God and only they can accomplish is what is so foolish on their part. For what better accomplishments are there than when God does it.

6. Lee
    July 29, 2014

Interesting. A group of us – family members were just discussing this last night. What did it mean to follow Jesus and how some people mistakenly believe Jesus and the Christ to be one in the same. As followers of the teachings of Jesus, we should expect to do what he did. He told his followers this. And he did what the His father did.

7. Nadine

Yes. thank you.

8. SpiritView Fan
    July 29, 2014

We must GET that Divine Love does not need to understand the harsh details of our human challenges in order to reach and heal us
    of them. Does the light have to understand the darkness to eliminate it?

My prayer today and during this (very busy) week:
    God is the DO-ER! I am the REFLECT-ION of the good that sHe is DO-ing. I need not try to control Divine Love! Or human events!

amen

(and, thank you, once again, dear Evan)

9. Nancy Boyer-Rechlin
    July 29, 2014

This is directly in line with my need today. Thank you.

July 29, 2014

loved today’s message…..I LOVE TO WATCH GOD WORK.

11. Kathie
    July 29, 2014

What a simple, timely message: “you have a higher power on your team that can do what you cannot.” Thanks so much for sharing this hopeful thought!

• Brandy
      September 22, 2014

Thought it woduln’t to give it a shot. I was right.

January 17, 2017

There’s nothing like the relief of finding what you’re looking for.

12. Bill Gearhart
    July 29, 2014

Sometimes the challenge is hard to distinguish between the need for Spiritual Sense for material challenges!

July 29, 2014

Thank you for this wonderful reminder. All things are possible turning to God, whether figuring out a crocheting stitch, finding a “lost” item, opening something needed when no one else is around, etc. As God’s spiritual reflection “can’t” is not in our vocabulary. So glad “God is on my team ” (thanks Kathie!).

14. Nargis
    July 29, 2014

Yes of course when we know that we can do everything through God who strengthens us and stands by us always,we can always accomplish the most difficult tasks with ease, joy n without any sense of burden or tension. Thaks so much Evan.

15. guest
    July 31, 2014

Always wondered what all this toil and trouble in the physical world was about. Naught but to learn how God in its unceasing action supercedes all of such.

16. Janice.Quigley
    August 29, 2014

This is just what I needed to read today. I had saved this email to read later and the timing couldn’t be better. Many thanks!

17. Bud
    March 12, 2015

I’m glad I went back and revisited this message. Yes, we can indeed “rest in the Lord” and see His great work be manifested. Put your hand in His!

18. Sue Stock
    May 15, 2015

Why aren’t you using the KJV?

• Evan
      May 15, 2015

Hi Sue,

Oh, I do use the KJV, but often other translations are much easier to understand and truer to the original meaning of the Greek and Hebrew.

• Evan
        May 15, 2015

And another reason is that other translations often shed new light on familiar verses, which helps bring out deeper meaning.

19. Bud
    May 2, 2016

I was led back to this message again this morning, making it the third time it has helped me. I need to humbly accept that God, not I, is in total control. Thanks for the reminders along the way.