The benefit of not judging others

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 | 12 Comments
The benefit of not judging others

The benefit of not judging others

Do you ever feel judged by other people? By your boss, spouse, family members or neighbors?

If so, here’s your solution.

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.”

~ Jesus Christ, Matthew 7:1, NLT

2. Rafikka
    August 4, 2017

Love this ❤️ Such a loving solution

3. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    August 4, 2017

Thank you Maximo for your inspired poem. 🙂

thank you Evan that you make us think about this important theme.

I think, not judging others contributes to healing whatever needs to be healed, be it in the family, be it under friends or, very important, be it in our church membership.

If we think that there is something to be rectified, we should not judge others, we should rather go to God in prayer and leave it to God to heal that matter. He knows the best and most loving solition for that seeming problem with our neighbor.

Thank God, that we learn in our precious religion to love instead of judging others.

4. Jan in New Mexico
    August 4, 2017

🙂

5. grace
    August 5, 2017

Thank you for a quote from Christ Jesus today,Evan. I am reading the gospels with a dear Christian friend. The words of Jesus, if obeyed and lived, would bring in the millennium, wouldn’t they? I am so grateful for the words and life of Jesus, our dear Master.

6. Bill Gearhart
    August 5, 2017

Well said and very meaningful!

7. Gustavo
    August 5, 2017

good morning to all. Thanks Evan and participants. ‘Love is reflected in love,’ said Mrs. Eddy, ‘love, love,’ and reap what we sow. Live the Spirit of Christ and rejoice in it. Blessings and excellent weekend.

8. diane
    August 5, 2017

I’ve been thinking about this, how taking offense is actually judging another to be offensive.
    But, “a spiritual idea of God has not a single element of error,” says Science and Health, “and this truth removes properly whatever is offensive.” Whatever is offensive is not true, and this beautiful truth, removes error in both the seer and the seen, the judge and judged.

9. Narrell
    August 6, 2017

The perfect solution!
    Thanks Evan. Trying to see the man of God’s creating in everyone:)
    Love Narrell

10. Visitor
    August 7, 2017

Thank-you so much for the reminder: “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.”

I hesitated to post this but decided to do so it case it helps someone else by increasing awareness.
    For some time I’ve gone to a CS church regularly, although I’m not a member. Until this week I’d always driven but last Sunday the only way I could get there was to cycle – which I do a lot in general. I don’t mind anyone taking an interest in the bike or cycling but at least 3 people took the opportunity to make clear their disapproval that I choose not to wear a cycling helmet (not legally required).
    Views and habits among cyclists vary and are occasionally exchanged – in my experience always respectfully, in good nature and without condemnation. I don’t know if the people who gave me their opinions cycle or not. In many years of cycling I have never been confronted with such judgement from so many people in any one day, week or month, and was genuinely upset. I don’t tell other people how to drive their cars, ride their horses or use their watercraft and I least expected to receive such judgement from people at church.
    Fortunately there is another church I can ride to and I now know to lock the bike up some distance away and not offer any indication about how I travelled there. I wouldn’t have expected to need to do that and would like to kindly suggest that we all think twice before imposing views and fears on others who are going legally about their business. [Please no debate about cycling helmets – there’s no point; I respect your preference whatever it is and likewise exercise my choice.]

11. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    August 9, 2017

Hi visitor,

don`t be upset about the people in that church, because they might mean it very lovingly, that you are protected with the helmet.
    Anyhow, I love biking, too and I know it is somehow disturbing to wear a helmet.
    Forgive those people who said that to you. 🙂

• Visitor
      August 14, 2017

Thanks Uta. Yes, of course.
      Next day a colleague who also cycles a lot was quick to point out that people sometimes just make conversation by commenting based on what they are used to seeing. Here it’s caught-on in recent years while in other places, some with far more bikes and cyclists, its a rarity. No significance. Forgotten.