How to be more of God’s reflection

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 | 32 Comments
How to be more of God’s reflection

“Man is, and forever has been, God’s reflection.”

~ Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health, p. 471

God is perfect, so man as God’s reflection is perfect. God is pure health, so man as God’s reflection is pure health.

How to see more of God’s perfection in yourself and others? By stilling the human mind and yielding to the peace and harmony of the one Mind.

For instance, have you ever observed a reflection of nature in a lake?

If the surface of the water is still, reflections of nearby mountains and trees appear in their perfect outline and form. If the waters are agitated and ruffled, the reflections are distorted or even impossible to see.

The human consciousness is like the water in the lake. When consciousness is at peace with God, free of mental agitation, it is going to be a nearer reflection to the one Mind. Error of belief won’t be disrupting thought and preventing God’s pure reflection from appearing in its perfect form.

“Be still, and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10.

1. Anne Daly, England
    January 5, 2018

Stillness of thought – not agitation – brings one into the consciousness of Spirit.

The lovely hymn, “Still…still with Thee” comes to mind – one of my favourites.

2. MB
    January 5, 2018

Thank you so much Evan. Just what I needed to hear this morning, and what a lovely picture. 🙂

3. Mali Thomas, Michigan
    January 5, 2018

What a GREAT way to start this day and every day. Many thanks, Evan.

4. Gustavo
    January 5, 2018

Hi Evan and group. Nice subject to work, to reflect. How beautiful the phrase you chose from Mrs. Eddy and the quote from the Bible. I love your analogy, because it is clear, practical and forceful. That way of teaching is gold of the best carat. That’s why Jesus taught by parables. So we must strive to calm the human mind, and as it is emptied of the material and nullify the senses, it is filled with the Divine rather we are aware of being reflections of God. We are in perfect harmony, without interference. Excellent
    weekend for everyone.

January 5, 2018

Yes, what a refreshing picture – thank you Evan for another so very much needed SpiritView today. Evan, I am so awfully grateful for all your very much inspiring teachings, showing us always the spiritual point of view of the things. I feel so lovingly embraced by all those healing thoughts with which you are filling our consciousness richly. And they are always needed for the one or other situation. 🙂

Yesterday`s and today`s SV is in so far very much needed, as today I visit a relative family of mine. This time I pray before that the ONE Mind is governing the conversation harmoniously. And I listen, to see them all and me as God`s loved reflection.

thank you Anne Daly for that healing hymn, I love it, too! 😉

6. Shirley Texas
    January 5, 2018

Thank you, Evan, for my daily bread in thought,

• Kelley
      January 5, 2018

Yes! “Give us this day our daily bread” and “Feed the famished affections” immediately came to my Mind after reading this blog. Thank you, Evan, for this timely and perfect angel message.

7. mary
    January 5, 2018

Fantastic point!!!! Much needed and heeded.

8. Jan in New Mexico

Perfect!

9. Nicola

10. grace
    January 5, 2018

I remember someone telling me years ago that being God’s reflection is not optional. We ARE reflection. That is our forever relationship with God. Nothing can change that. Nothing!
    Love this, Evan, thank you!

11. Beth Bracale

Excellent analogy!

January 5, 2018

Thank you Evan. Anne, I really like hymn 317 too. Here are the words for everyone;

Still, still with Thee when purple morning breaketh,
    When the bird waketh, and the shadows flee,
    Fairer than morning, lovelier than the daylight,
    Dawns the sweet consciousness, I am with Thee.

Alone with Thee, amid the changing shadows,
    Solemn the hush of nature, newly born;
    Alone with Thee, in breathless adoration,
    In the calm dew and freshness of the morn.

So shall it ever be in the bright morning,
    When hearts awaking see the shadows flee,
    O, in that hour, and fairer than the dawning,
    Rises the glorious thought, I am with Thee.

January 7, 2018

Thank you Kirsten, such a wonderful and inspiring song with such a lovely melody. Am just singing it 😉

• Kirsten
        January 8, 2018

I was too Uta. 🙂

13. Gail
    January 5, 2018

Thank you! Just what I needed in the middle of the night

January 5, 2018

Thank you for this inspiration. Blessings to all today.

15. Shireen

Lesson from the lake ~ Jean Widdicombe

As unrippled waters
    present flawless mirrored forms,
    clearly perceptible and undistorted,
    so, spiritual stillness of thought,
    wholly unruffled,
    more and more shows forth
    genuine selfhood
    distinct and perfect.
    Man created by God.

~ from May 1, 1995 issue of the Christian Science Sentinel

January 5, 2018

Beautifully expressed. this such a nice way to wake up to a new day. thank you Evan.

17. Carolyn
    January 5, 2018

Thank you, Evan, and all of you responders. What a revelation to think of that hymn with ‘still’ having two meanings. Always I’ve considered it to be ‘continuing’, and now you have alerted me to ‘quietness’ and ‘peace’, ‘calmness’. Wonderful.

18. Laura
    January 5, 2018

Thanks so much for this reminder Evan. It’s my favorite go to when agitation is knocking on the door.
    “Be still, and know that I am God”
    Be still and know that I am.
    Be still and know.
    Be still.
    Be.

January 5, 2018

Wonderful powerful thoughts. So many beautiful truths to ponder. Thank you.

20. Tennis Bud
    January 5, 2018

Evan, this is just beautiful. Thank you.

21. Katie
    January 5, 2018

The reflection of the mountains is truly beautiful! So grateful you shared it!

22. Tellie
    January 5, 2018

What a punch! An excellent point.
    Thank you for what you do .

23. Bill Gearhart
    January 5, 2018

God!s Reflection of pure Health seems to be the basis for acknowledging our thought for prayer. That is to deny whatever we need direct our thoughtful prayer for healing. We are able to begin a new to clear the air of any challenge of clean and pure in realizing basis to began our work in eliminating any negative thoughts before we being our deep thought of Gods direction in overcoming the truth of our s which seem to face us, Establishing this basis we begin our prayer in the healing thoughts .

We must dismiss any negative ideas and keep our healing under Gods
    direction. Love is always the way.

24. Bill Gearhart

25. Joy

Thank you Evan. A breath of
    calmness.
    to Be still and know.

January 5, 2018

The day is over and evening arrived before I had time to read this blog. But, it was great reading all of the comments. A beautiful picture, thanks Evan and for this inspiring message. Especially appreciated after a rather hectic day. I’m ready to be still!

27. Bud
    January 5, 2018

Great message. Very appropriate on a blog named Spirit View. Thanks so much.

28. Sally
    January 7, 2018

Thank you Evan, your explanation is so clear and helpful.

January 7, 2018

Wonderful reminder Evan, and thank you all for your comments.