Be ready to help others

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 | 23 Comments
Be ready to help others

“If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.”
~ Apostle Paul, Galatians 6:3, NLT

February 5, 2018

As a child of God our only purpose is to share and support the divine principle of Love which is the gospel of Truth:, Spiritual Understanding that divine Love is all good and always available. Nothing can be more important than that idea which should cause us to sign unto the lord praises with a joyful heart. Thank you Evan for this important spiritually guided post.

sing unto the lord

3. Gustavo
    February 5, 2018

Very good day Evan and group. Reading your interesting article Evan, I began to reflect on the example of our dear Teacher, Jesus. Bigger than he was, there is, and will not be, and his example, essentially practical, was to help others without any distinction. A life of help and salvation. But always from the humility of the Christ. with that Love that pierces any atmosphere, however unbreakable it may seem. We must follow that example, from humility, and help others, no matter how, can be praying, being kind, assisting a needy, a sick person, with a warm greeting and a smile for the sufferer, a piece of bread and in the best possible way. It does not matter what position we have in the community. You have to love, love and love. Love is reflected in love. Excellent week for everyone.

4. grace
    February 5, 2018

Beautiful, thank you Evan, the apostle Paul, Josef, and Gustavo! Kind deeds are good. Knowing the truth about your fellow man even better!

February 5, 2018

Thank you Evan and Spiritview family! It is always nice to stop by here for some daily inspiration from you all. 🙂
    “Millions of unprejudiced minds — simple seekers for Truth, weary wanderers, athirst in the desert — are waiting and watching for rest and drink. Give them a cup of cold water in Christ’s name, and never fear the consequences.”
    SH 570:14-18

6. Carol
    February 5, 2018

Thank you, Evan for this ~ today’s inspiration. It is just the nudge I need to visit a friend who seems to have a memory problem and it is difficult visiting her under these conditions. Love knows no barriers. As so often, this is such a timely blessing.

February 5, 2018

A wonderful message to begin the day. Thank you and blessings to all.

8. Anna
    February 5, 2018

What jumped out to me as I read this statement is that the reverse is also true: If you think you are too unimportant to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are that important.

9. Shireen
    February 5, 2018

Thank you Evan, and friends who share on this blog.

Today’s theme brings to mind these lines from our hymnal:

:: Help us to help each other, Lord,
    Each other’s cross to bear;
    Let each friendly aid afford,
    And feel his brother’s care. Hymn 105

:: Is thy burden hard and heavy?
    Do thy steps drag wearily?
    Help to bear thy brother’s burden,
    God will bear both it and thee. Hymn 360

10. grace
    February 5, 2018

This is a wonderful article on this subject in the February 20218 Christian Science Journal

• Kirsten
      February 6, 2018

Grace,
      Thank you for sharing this article.

11. grace

Sorry Feb. 2018 Journal

12. Marcia

Good point, Anna!

February 5, 2018

Thanks Grace for the link to that article in the February 2018 Journal. I remember reading it at that time but really appreciate the reminder.

14. SpiritViewFan
    February 5, 2018

I often think of the statement by the most powerful, most Christianly-scientific man who ever trod our globe: “I can of my own self do nothing.”

He sure understood what reflection means!

reflecting… expressing by reflection…divine Love, we can relax any personal-sense-responsibility in responding to a need… As it unfolds through God’s guidance.

i saw this principle in action yesterday as i hurriedly gathered groceries for the SuperBowl gang, after church (What A Service, huh!!): a lady handing out samples of fruit and cheeses and such stopped me to say: “Oh! You look so HAPPY!! i dont feel very well.”

With “no time to chat, ” i said “it’s all thought, my friend. Choose only Good ones!!”
    She seemed pleased with this response God will guide her to a fuller answer, im sure. (it mayor may not be via me, for He has infinite ways!)

;-)))

Great start to the day.

16. Bea
    February 5, 2018

Blessings to all, and special thanks to Evan, and all the wonderful affirmative thoughts posted by readers today.
    I would like to share an example of someone who was recently helped: My husband, who is a retired United Methodist pastor, was asked last week by one of his former parishioners to hold a healing service for her. She was suffering from a multitude of symptoms. Accordingly, last Friday he invited a small group to get together around her. He included me, explaining to the group, “My wife is a prayer warrior.”(He is very supportive of my having had Christian Science class instruction.) We prayed with several Scriptures, hymns and testimonies. On Saturday the patient called to joyfully report that she was completely well for the first time in years.

• Evan
      February 5, 2018

That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing.

17. Charlotte
    February 5, 2018

Makes me think – who can I help today?

February 5, 2018

thank you Evan, that you made me investigate several passages near that one you stated above in your today`s SpiritView.

Two verses which are outstanding for me, are Gal. 6, verse 9: “and let us not be weary in well doing …
    and verse 10: “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” In German it would be … especially unto them who are the brethren of our faith.
    These two verses were my motives for CS nursing when I started nursing decades ago.

I love the verse 7 from Mrs. Eddy`s poem “Christ my refuge” in our hymnal no. 253:
    “My prayer, some daily good to do , to thine, for thee,
    An offering pure of Love, whereto God leadeth me.”

I would also say what SpiritViewFan mentioned ” I can do nothing on my own, but whatever I see the Father doing, I do likewise.”

thank you Bea, that`s really awesome!

Am grateful for all your comments! 😉

February 6, 2018

Hymn 58, verse 3—“In Thy house securely dwelling, Where Thy children live to bless…” is a pure and unselfish motive. That’s what I want to do in my life as best I can. Thanks Evan and all. Love to you all.

20. Tyke
    February 7, 2018

“What ever you do, do it all for the glory of God”

21. Jane B from CA.