God is bigger than the problem you face

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 | 35 Comments
God is bigger than the problem you face

When the children of Israel were led by Moses out of slavery to Pharaoh in Egypt, they faced many obstacles that threatened to end their trip to the Promised Land.

At one point, they were stopped by the Red Sea, a vast impassable body of water. With Pharaoh and his massive army bearing down behind them intent on capturing them and bringing them back into slavery, the outlook was terrorizing.

The spiritually minded Moses assured his followers, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today” Ex. 14:13, NLT. But this response was not good enough for God. God upbraided Moses a bit with the reply, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving!” Ex. 14:15, NLT.

I love this response!

God told the people “to get moving!”

God was not impressed by the Red Sea.

When Moses was obedient to get moving, he found himself empowered with the ability to part the waters and move his people forward. And they did, safely out of Pharaoh’s reach.

The same command comes to us if we ever feel stuck, helpless or hopeless. God is present telling us “to get moving!” When we are obedient, the trouble before us will move out of the way.

So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get moving.

1. mghickok

Best ever Spirit View! 🙂

Thanks Evan!

2. Nergish
    March 7, 2018

That’s a lovely inspiration Evan. Thank you so much.

So so true that God is bigger than any of the problems or obstacles we face and if we allow God to do the thinking, then nothing can stop us from getting the best results.

Very often we get stuck in life… the problem appears very huge and gigantic like the red sea. But then immediately an angel message comes on its wings to comfort and convey, that God is bigger and mightier than any obstacle, so we need not panic. God will open up the way and lead us to success and happiness, however difficult the problem appears. We only need to move on…

Panic and fear makes us sink like it happened with Peter, when he was scared seeing the mighty waves. Instead of focusing on Christ and His care, whilst walking on the ocean of life, he focuses on the scary waves, the turbulent waters, and so begins to sink. If he had held on to the hand of the Christ and trusted in His care he would never sink. Then Christ mentions. “Oh ye man of little faith, why did you doubt???” and immediately comes to Peters rescue and saves him from drowning. “If God be for us who can be against us?” “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.” However difficult the path, walk hand in hand with the Christ and He will never let you down.

3. Nancy Mangan
    March 7, 2018

Thank you Evan. The Red Sea I’m facing has no choice BUT to part. Grateful for the “moving forward” bit by bit. Sure has been difficult and I would never wish it on my worst enemy to ever have to go through this. God bless you and your inspiration.

4. Mary, England
    March 7, 2018

Thank you Evan for another powerful message and Nergish for the additional reminder about Peter.
    It’s really helpful to note that the people had to trust, take action, and actually go through the parted Red Sea. God didn’t solve their problem by causing the army behind them to turn back or by miraculously transporting them to the Promised Land in an instant. Their part in the story included moving forward when the path opened.
    This blog is a huge inspiration and much appreciated.

5. Elaine
    March 7, 2018

Thank you Evan. So grateful for your blog.

6. Jane
    March 7, 2018

Love this ‘ “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today”: Ex. 14:13,NLT
    The best way to start today and every day – be still, trust in Him, acknowledge His presence, and watch goodness unfold with gratitude!

• Ernie Castro

Thank you Evan and Jane.

7. Dawn Bresson
    March 7, 2018

I have a little plaque on my desk that I bought at a Christian bookstore that says “Good morning- this is God and I will be handling all your problems today!”
    Same idea! LOVE your blogs!!! Thank you so much!

• chilesands
      March 7, 2018

Thank you Dawn, today’s plaque on your desk, sends a message for me to be on the alert, not to accept problems that are God’s not mine. Much gratitude for the message.

March 7, 2018

Excellent message. Thank you and blessings to all today.

• Nanny
      March 7, 2018

What a wonderful wake-up call. Thank you all, and especially Evan for the inspiration.

9. Carol
    March 7, 2018

Just the message I, too, needed this morning! Thank you, Evan, and others, for such encouragement. Another storm is headed our way and although God protected with such care during the last one, for which I am ever so Grateful, it can be quite overwhelming. I keep holding to Hymn #148, “In heavenly Love abiding, No change my heart shall fear; And safe is such confiding, For nothing changes here. The storm may roar without me, My heart may low be laid, But God is round about me, And can I be dismayed?” This holds true for all of us, no matter what challenges we seem to be facing. Bright skies to all, today!

March 7, 2018

Isn’t that the truth. Last week we were getting ready for the upcoming track season, We had to put out the pole vault pits but first we had to re-stuff the foam rubber back into their coverings. On one of the coverings for the standards and new pole vaulter pulled off the zipper from the covering. It would have delayed everything without this covering, it would not have been legal or safe for the vaulters to vault into the pit. We tried to re-insert the zipper into the zipper just like it had been before. Trying and failing with much effort, nothing was working to put this case back together as it needed to be. At this point it was deem useless and we all went home at the end of practice. The next day still not having solve the problem and facing a long delay getting this covering fix by an outside firm, I decided to try it again with another vaulter helping me. I brought special tools which I thought would aide me to get the zipper properly back in place. But again nothing was working. Then I stopped and prayed. Asking God to direct my thought to solve this problem. After a few minutes of unsuccessful attempts, the thought came to me. Turn the zipper around and go the other way. We had been trying to put the zipper back the same way it came off, Turning it around turn out to be the right solution. With a little effort the covering was zipped up properly. I had a sewing kit so I anchored the other end so that it couldn’t come undone. Case resolved. God’s help the solution. Everyday in my life, God is involved and he is always the answer and always bigger than the problem. Thank you Evan for this very important lesson.

11. Annepat UK
    March 7, 2018

This is such a good lesson, Evan. We don’t just sit there and wait for God to rescue us – we have to trust and go forward, never mind feeling beset before and behind – if God says Go! we go, don’t hesitate, and then we see how His plan unfolds.
    It brings to mind the passage in Science and Health 566:1-9 that starts: As the children of Israel were guided triumphantly through the Red Sea, the dark ebbing and flowing tides of human fear, …..so shall the spiritual idea guide all right desires in their passage from sense to Soul…

Dear Nancy, Divine Love is with you and guiding you into a safe harbour. In fact, you are already there!

• Nancy Mangan

Thank you!

12. SpiritViewFan
    March 7, 2018

“Good Morning, dear Child,”

“This is God. I will be handling all your imagined
    problems today. Trust Me. Listen closely. Follow My
    leads. And Relax.”

I love this!
    I had been so busy “running the Universe”
    I almost forgot!

13. Richard (England)

How true! Thanks Evan.

14. SpiritViewFan

Here is the youtube link to Bicknell Young’s article,
    “Oneness.” (Mentioned above)

Evan,
    What a great Spiritview! I love the truth of your words;

“God is bigger than any Red Sea we ever face. God knows no obstacles. He only sees open paths forward.

As we put on the Mind of God and let God do our thinking, we’ll see those open paths too. The trouble before us will part, and we’ll know what to do for the best results.”

A couple of weeks ago, when I was jumping, my horse hit a jump. As she landed, the five senses reported, “we are falling.” But, I “knew” we were going forward and we did go forward and did not fall. All was well even though there was a suggestion it would not be. That suggestion could be a little lie or a big lie. It doesn’t really matter because it is a lie. Know it as non-relevant and move forward. I am going to keep trying to practice this.

Great ideas shared today! Thank you contributors! 🙂

16. Valerie
    March 7, 2018

MEMO FROM GOD. I am God.Today I will be handling all of your problems.

Please remember that I do not need your help.

if you come across a situation that you cannot handle, DO NOT attempt to resolve it.

Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.

It will be addressed in MY time, not yours.

Once the matter has been placed into the box, do not attempt to hold on to it or attempt to remove it.

Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.

If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.

Because I do not sleep, nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep.

Rest, my child.

If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.

Author unknown.

I was sent this by a CS relative, with the suggestion ‘as with all good things, please pass this on.’

• Kelly
      March 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing, Valerie. Love this!!

K

17. suz
    March 7, 2018

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Evan! This really resonated with me today. Perfect!

18. Maximo

I’m learning
    the best thing
    to say…
    To my fellow
    travelers along
    the way….

Words not mine
    I step aside….
    as a deeper
    voice speaks
    from the silence
    inside…..

March 7, 2018

This Spiritview seems to address Bana Alabed’s situation too. She has documented the lack of food and water, having her school bombed and the death, including the death of many children, that is occurring in Syria. She “knows” this is not how life is supposed to be. And, this 7 or 8 year old has been pulled right out of that situation. She is moving forward at a rapid pace. She has published a book, “Dear World: A Syrian Girl’s Story of War and Plea for Peace”, is attending school in Turkey, and recently attended the Oscars.

20. deb
    March 7, 2018

a filled with faith blog, thank you!

March 7, 2018

…Or….as I’ve heard it said: “Treat and Move Your Feet!”

Thanks, Evan, and All!

22. Tennis Bud

Love it!

23. DB
    March 7, 2018

Such good guidance! Than you, Evan and all.

24. Shireen
    March 7, 2018

Thank you Evan and all, for the uplifting post and comments. At SpiritView we are all in good company 🙂

IN GOOD COMPANY

You are part of a great company of good men who have encountered crises.
    Is despair your great flood?
    God will provide an ark.
    Is fear your den of lions?
    God will shut their mouths.
    Is disease a Goliath?
    It shall utterly fall because of one small smooth stone of Truth.
    Is impasse your Red Sea?
    God will open up a way.
    Is pain a prison?
    God will break all chains.
    Is threat of death a tomb?
    God will provide a resurrection.
    Each cross will be crowned.
    God’s delivering angels are at work in every age for every man.

~ SANDRA LUERSSEN HOERNER ~ from the Christian Science Sentinel, Feb 19, 1977.

25. Jackie
    March 7, 2018

Thank you, dear Evan! You knock it out of the park! I am so appreciative as is everyone, obviously!

March 7, 2018

What a start for the day! Thank you all. Loved the Memo from God.

March 7, 2018

Such a helpful, healing and blessing blog, your wonderful SpiritView, dear Evan!

I am so grateful for it, as well as for all your inspiring and loving comments dear SpiritView family 🙂

Just coming from a testimony meeting with an inspiring message from our dear reader – thank you God for Christian Science!

March 7, 2018

Thanks, Evan, and all contributors—Outstanding! Love to all…

29. jerry
    March 7, 2018

that amazing thinking about God and is big then the red sea or problem we face in life psalms 23, and 91 show us our is big and care is people

30. Kelly