Know your reason for this day

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 |
Know your reason for this day

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose.“

~ Author Unknown

What’s your reason for existing today? God has a reason for you to exist. Do you know it? Are you living it?

1. Patty
    April 19, 2018

Wow – what a perfect thought-starter, because to think is to create. I am an “eachness” within the “Allness”. So in all my roles today I have but one purpose and that is to practice the presence of Absolute Good – so “on this rock I stand and earth, you will move!”

2. Annepat UK
    April 19, 2018

“This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it”.

Mrs Eddy defines day as “The irradiance of Life; light, the spiritual idea of Truth and Love”….
    “the objects of time and sense disappear in the illumination of spiritual understanding, and Mind measures time according to the good that is unfolded. This unfolding is God’s day, and “there shall be no night there”.

My reason for existing today is to glorify God; to feel the presence of Life living me, of Love loving me, and Truth knowing me as I really am. My task is to reflect and express Life, Truth, Love; to know myself as an idea in divine Mind, to love my neighbour as myself, and to give thanks, express gratitude for all the good that God is constantly giving to his children.

April 19, 2018

Thank you Evan, that you make us think about those questions – very important.

Hi dear Patty and Annepat, wonderfully said, and I could scarcely add something to that absolute metaphysical and loving statements! Thanks to you!

April 19, 2018

just to complete my comment of above:
      My purpose of life is to reflect God in everything I do –
      to express God`s qualities in time and eternity to His Glory.

And in the chapter “Recapitulation” in SH the first paragraph explains clearly what God is – and so I know exactly what is to be reflected – namely actually a l l seven synonyms of our good God – that is our life purpose – Hugs to all!

Thank you Evan for your so blessing and healing SpiritView ! 🙂

April 19, 2018

My purpose is to turn my will and my life over to the oh so gentle and loving care of God, as I understand God, and to trust that God knows best what my purpose and goals are today and I am just willing to be led, step by step, moment by moment, staying in the Present!

5. Joyce

In My 165: 18-22
    Mary Baker Eddy says, “As an active portion of one stupendous whole, goodness identifies man with universal good. Thus may each member of this church rise above the oft-repeated inquiry, What am I? To the scientific response: I am able to impart truth, health, and happiness, and this is my rock of salvation and my reason for existing.”
    (The entire letter To the First Church of Christ, Scientist, New York is worth reading.)

I look forward to Spiritview and the wonderful comments each day.
    With gratitude to all!

6. Genie Ginzel
    April 19, 2018

Thank-you Evan and all for your inspiring thoughts!!!

April 19, 2018

Wow! What a great start to today. Thank all of you for your wonderful words. I want to be of help to others as well as myself. I want to have some accomplishment as small as emptying the dishwasher or planning a large event. In doing so I plan to take God with me every step of the way. I need to
    Express God like qualities as I go about my day. I need to feel His Presence
    in every activity and be grateful to and to acknowledge all of it.

8. Anna

‘Christ in you, the hope of glory.’ Col. 1:27

As I think of my purpose each day, I think of this verse this way:

The Christ, Truth, in me, is the hope of the glory, the reflection, of God, Good unto the world.

Thank you for these daily gifts of good Evan and commenters!

April 19, 2018

What a great way to start the day! My purpose is to reflect God and His goodness and to thus bless others, to watch that I accept the good from Him only, and reject anything opposite. Thanks for the reminder!

10. grace
    April 19, 2018

“What we most need is the prayer of fervent desire for growth in grace, expressed in patience, meekness, love, and good deeds. To keep the commandments of our Master and follow his example…..” (Science and Health, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 4).

So, I think my purpose today will be to fervently desire growth in grace, and see it reflected in patience, meekness, love and good deeds! And…to keep the commandments of Jesus and follow his example.

Just love this, Evan and bloggers!

11. John
    April 19, 2018

WOW! My opening mediation before reading this post was Raison d’être !

Raison d’être /ˌreɪzɒ̃ ˈdɛtrə/ is a French expression commonly used in English, meaning “reason for being” or “reason to be”.

April 19, 2018

Thanks so all for your inspiring and thoughtful comments, especially Annepat. What a great way to start the day!

April 19, 2018

Sorry, should be “to all”

April 19, 2018

Annepat UK says it for me:

“This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it”.

My reason for existing today is to glorify God; to feel the presence of Life living me, of Love loving me, and Truth knowing me as I really am. My task is to reflect and express Life, Truth, Love; to know myself as an idea in divine Mind, to love my neighbor as myself, and to give thanks, express gratitude for all the good that God is constantly giving to his children.

Thank you Evan & all.

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose.“

Sometimes, our purpose does not seem clear each day but in the case of Tammie Jo Shults, she had been gaining experience/training for years. And, she certainly proved her purpose earlier this week.
    And, sometimes, you never know just who you touch with your daily kindness and loving acts. You can save a life that way too.

• UTA , Germany
      April 19, 2018

who is Tammie jo Shultz, and what did she do?

would thank you for your reply.

• Béatrice
        April 19, 2018

Dear Uta, Tammie Jo Shults is the pilot who, in Philadelphia, three days ago,, safely landed the airplane which had lost one of its engines. More than 140 passengers have been saved. Here is one of the links to what happened:

• Kirsten

Beatrice,
          Thank you for posting the article. 🙂

• UTA , Germany
            April 20, 2018

thank you Kirsten and Beatrice for giving the Info and the links to Tammie Shults – very interesting .

16. Miki
    April 19, 2018

I give thanks constantly for “Spiritview”and for all who prayerfully support this wonderful outreach. I’m very grateful for the Christ-thought consistently expressed here with such love, by Love. Thank you so much, Evan! Bless you all.

17. Lorraine
    April 20, 2018

This is excellent for me today. Thank you Evan and all commenters