Healing is an experience, not a process

Posted on May 28, 2018 |
Healing is an experience, not a process

Spiritual healing is about experiencing the power and presence of God.

Healing can sometimes start to feel like a process. When we face a problem, we may commit ourselves to a regimen of study and prayer that is designed to help us find the spiritual truth that sets us free from the error that seems so real to us. This effort may continue for days, weeks, even months or years, until the full truth is realized that brings complete healing. If this happens, it can be helpful to remember what healing is all about in the first place. It’s not about the hours spent in study. It’s about thought opening wide to the presence of God and experiencing God’s presence.

Healing doesn’t take time to happen. Healing doesn’t require us to memorize many inspirational verses and repeat them in our mind. Healing is not an exercise of the human mind. Healing is an experience of the divine Mind.

Years ago, after studying, praying and listening for truth to be healed of some awful suffering I was enduring, I got to the point of saying, “God, I’ve prayed everything I can think of to pray.” And I heard a voice back saying to me, “Then trust what you’ve prayed and let it be.” It was an aha moment. I realized that I was trying to make the healing happen, whereas, I needed to accept that the truth I had been praying was already true. I didn’t have to make it happen. It was already happening. Just let it be. I saw.

I quit struggling. I released myself to God’s care. A huge sense of relief swept through my insides, and healing came rapidly. I let God take over, and the result was freedom.

Healing is not a process. It might feel like it takes a process to get there, but the ultimate healing will be a release from “the process,” and acceptance of God’s reality.

Healing is an experience. Always keep what might feel like a process secondary to seeking the experience of God’s presence here and now. The experience of God is what brings the healing home.

1. Dilys
    May 28, 2018

Lovely Evan! A timely reminder to “Let go and Let God”.

2. Annepat UK
    May 28, 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful Spiritview, Evan. I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders, and feel God carrying me on HIS shoulders.

3. Barbara Corbett
    May 28, 2018

Thanks For the reminder to not make healing a process, Evan. It would seem so easy to fall into this trap, but you “hit the nail on the head” on this SV!
    And I just love the picture!

4. Sharon Oakes
    May 28, 2018

What a wonderful reminder of something I heard and love: “healing is revealing what already is!” The Truth IS – just tune in to it and TRUST. Can’t say I always do that but your visual sure captures it: “…O captive rise and sing for thou art free.” Thank you Evan for your sharing your ever helpful inspirations!

5. Debbie
    May 28, 2018

Thank you. This is Al very helpful.

6. Peggy H
    May 28, 2018

Wow! That’s terrific and so relevant. Thanks Evan for all the wondrous Spiritviews. They bless so many.

7. Cynthia
    May 28, 2018

Thank you so much…this was a real eye-opener for me. It made my day!!!

May 28, 2018

Thanks, Evan, for addressing the topic of “what healing really is”! So important since Christian Science rests on its claim to Heal. Also, as Mrs. Eddy said, we need to handle the animal magnetism that says we can’t heal. (Note this week’s Bible Lesson)

9. Shaton
    May 28, 2018

I think surely you write this just for me! I’ve been succumbing to feelings of failure because I’ve worked so hard to keep my mind on God’s presence, instead of my problem, to no avail. Now, I realize I just needed to let go and Trust!
    I feel free and I know my healing is unfolding now. Thank you, God, and thank you Evan.

10. Gloria
    May 28, 2018

Oh Boy! Am I ever glad to read the encouraging words you wrote today. That’s exactly how I’ve been feeling. I know better, but seem to end up wondering what I’m doing wrong or not doing right. After all I know that others have seen results on similar issues, so it has to be possible, even when the rest of the world says “that’s not possible”. And I know that God doesn’t love some of us more than he loves others.

Great gratitude for this rock of Truth to put my thoughts on!

11. DB
    May 28, 2018

Yes…what Gloria said! Thanks!

12. Bid
    May 28, 2018

Thank you Evan for this inspiring message.
    How wonderful to be able to realize we are always what God sees us to be.
    To realize I’m on the mountain-top imbued with pure Christly thought s is what I endeavour to do.It’s true about each one of us always.
    Thank God for this wonderful Truth revealing what’s really going on now and always.

13. CayDee Kittredge
    May 28, 2018

Thank you, Evan, for your daily inspiration, shared with us. It really helps to Lift our thought higher than “our thought models” to God and what He is Knowing of us, His precious, beloved, perfect, spiritual child!!!!
    ❤️caydee

May 28, 2018

Thanks, Evan. So timely for me. God’s perfection and His perfect ideas are always present. We need to let go of the material picture and trust our Creator who knows all and is all.

15. MAM
    May 28, 2018

A for sure keeper! Lifted a load off my shoulders. Ditto what Gloria said. I am so grateful for your messages Evan and to all who comment.

16. deb

so insightfull!!

May 28, 2018

It is a revelation to me what today`s SpiritView teaches me.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us your healing experience dear Evan!

Today during RR service I prayed in order to release myself to God`s care and it freed me somehow from the thought of a progress going on. I am grateful for that little clear insight I got through Evan`s healing experience. What a wonderful SV today again!

May 28, 2018

Oh, of course I wanted to say in the third last line “process” and not progress.
      Because progress is very much wanted 🙂

And what Holly said – Thanks so much to Evan for all he does for us a n d for the world, so needed. And in class instruction we are all requested to pray profoundly for the world – it needs our prayers very badly – so let`s do it, friends! Thanks all for your loving comments.

May 28, 2018

This is just what I needed today, the blog and the comments.
    Thanks to ALL!

19. Holly
    May 28, 2018

Wonderful blog as always, Evan!

Your message reminds me of something I heard on a spirituality.com chat several years ago … Jesus didn’t say “Ye shall know the truth, and the knowing of the truth shall make you free.” He said “Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” When you know what is true, Truth heals you.

All of your blogs are keepers, but this one is an extra special keeper! 🙂

Thank you for all you do for the world!

• Judith Hillend
      May 29, 2018

Thank you Evan and Holly. These words of wisdom lead to the Truth that makes us free, and Truth does heal.

20. Donna
    May 28, 2018

I love these ideas, Evan. Thanks ever so much!

21. Diane
    May 29, 2018

A good lesson for many of us here Evan, thank you.

22. Bud
    May 29, 2018

I’ve been thinking a great deal about this recently. We have to witness God’s glory and perfection, not create it.
    Thanks so much.

23. Gene
    May 29, 2018

Thanks for all the comments!