God answers every prayer promptly

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 |
God answers every prayer promptly

Do you realize that God hears every one of your prayers and answers it promptly?

Jesus said, “…your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” (Matt. 6:8, NLT). And because God is Love, you can be 100% assured that He has already put in place what you need before you even think you have a need. You never lack.

So, prayer is not about getting something we don’t have. It’s about waking up to what we already have.

When we pray and think our need has not been met, that’s usually a sign that we’re looking for the wrong thing. What God thinks we need and what we think we need are often different, and God is going to have the final say. So, it is well that we get super humble and listen sincerely for what God is providing, rather than outlining what we want.

For instance, when suffering with a health problem, the human mind typically wants physical healing immediately. Few like to suffer. However, God may be thinking, “There needs to be some moral and spiritual regeneration first.”

Physical healing is often preceded by moral and spiritual improvement. So, if the full healing hasn’t come yet, that doesn’t mean God is ignoring us. It means we need to appreciate the moral and spiritual demand of the moment to allow the full healing to come. First the moral upgrade, followed by spiritual, then the physical will follow.

You are never ignored by God. He plans ahead, sees all your potential needs, and ensures everything is in place for you to be fully supplied. Always.

God’s guidance to healing is coming to you now in the form of spiritual messages from divine Mind that enlighten your thought and take it to a better, to a more spiritual place. As you faithfully follow these heavenly way-showers, they will lead you to complete healing—moral, spiritual and physical.

1. UTA , Germany
    August 6, 2018

Hi dear Evan and SpiritView friends, as a German I ask you whether I do understand it wrong or is it a little orthographic mistake in the fourth paragraph, the 11th word were I read ”meant. ”Should it perhaps read ”met ”?

I always am keen to learn more and better English!

What a wonderful teacher you are, Evan! How reassuring and most comforting and very loving you declare us the Truth which is so healing and I am lovingly ”fed” – Gratitude and Love to you and a l l!

• Tricia Paoluccio
      August 6, 2018

oh I think you might be right! met.

• Karin Gillett
      August 6, 2018

Yes, it should be ‘met’ You are correct.

• Evan Mehlenbacher
      August 6, 2018

Yes, you are correct! Thanks for pointing it out. All fixed now.

2. Karen Sagehorn
    August 6, 2018

Thank you, Evan, for your generosity of time and prayer that give us such wise spiritual insights, inspiration and hope for each day.

3. Curran
    August 6, 2018

Great to have this today — so encouraging!

4. Patricia
    August 6, 2018

“He knows the angels that you need and sends them to your side,
    to comfort, guard and guide” CS hymnal 9

Every human need met here: safety, supply, all blessings.

August 6, 2018

Thank you for this very timely and insightful post Evan. Blessings to all today.

6. Lana Nuest
    August 6, 2018

I love both words!!! I think if our prayers are meant it implies sincerity, willingness to obey, whereas the word met implies a resolution? Thank you for the post. I love it!

August 6, 2018

Thanks, Evan! Leaning on the sustaining Infinite – all our needs are already met! (what is that a picture of….??)

August 6, 2018

Yes, Bevi, somebody is reading SH.
      Thanks for your thought from SH by MBE. 🙂

• Michael
      August 8, 2018

That is a picture of an angel holding a book.

8. Patty
    August 6, 2018

I think it’s a picture of someone reading – perhaps the Bible! It’s interesting!!

Evan, thank you for today’s post. I had a similar inspiration while reading today’s lesson. God is so awesome!! Love to all!!

9. Craig (UK)
    August 6, 2018

When I read today’s title, I didn’t feel very convinced, although I know it’s true. Yesterday I had a migraine, which started at church and I kept my thoughts on my spiritual identity. However the migraine became worse and I spent the rest of the day at home in the dark. I felt I wanted to be sick and was constantly dizzy. I was in despair and as the day went on I felt too ill to think of myself as a child of God, spiritual. But today I feel especially blessed by Evan’s words: ‘Physical healing is often preceded by moral and spiritual improvement.’ Thanks Evan, this is very encouraging to me.

10. Cb
    August 6, 2018

In pondering the question of sometimes delayed healing in the face of earnest prayer -it’s not that God withholds any good from us- since all is already perfect, but that some error in our thought is clouding the perception of that goodness- often fear, or looking at material evidence. The answer is to turn away from matter and accept our “glorious liberty as children of God” as Mrs. Eddy so beautifully states! That is the task- more spiritual seeing and giving up the material. And I love that God is guiding us to do just that in whatever experience we find ourself in- because God is Love!

11. Shirley of TX
    August 6, 2018

Another day of gratitude to God & U for making me feel so cared for & watched over Many, many thanks. My needs are beautifully met!

August 6, 2018

Thanks for the lovely thoughts, Evan, and those from all contributors. I’m so glad to have access to this blog!

13. Nancy
    August 6, 2018

Thank you for your comments, Cb. I was questioning the statement, “God may be thinking, “There needs to be some moral and spiritual regeneration first.”, since God doesn’t know of health problems or the need of physical healing. God created and knows only perfection and certainly could not withhold His goodness and perfection from any of His ideas. His work is complete and in place for each of us, now and forever. But to clear our own thought of imperfection and fear is the work for each of us to do. Thank you, Evan, Cb and all for your inspiration.

• Evan
      August 6, 2018

Yes, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt with my statement, “God may be thinking…” That was not meant to imply that God is like a human deciding whether we are good or not. It was meant more to mean “The spiritual demand may be for moral or spiritual regeneration.” God sees only good in all of us!

14. susanb
    August 8, 2018

Thank you, Evan!

15. Richard (Sussex - England)
    August 14, 2018