Stay headed in the right direction

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 |
Stay headed in the right direction

“Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns!”

~ Allison Gappa Bottke

1. Deb
    August 7, 2018

If you believe in and practise wrong knowingly, you can at once change your course and do right. Matter can make no opposition to right endeavors against sin or sickness, for matter is inert, mindless
    SH 253:18-21
    Thanks for the reminder Evan!

2. Shirley of TX
    August 7, 2018

Long ago, in Arlington, TX , it was my turn to drop my son & his friend off at a music concert,
    In Dallas. I got hopelessly lost, it was nighttime, and I had my small toddler with me. Besides all that, I was low on gas. I talked out loud to God. After, I “informed” God of my predicament, I started singing “Shepherd show me how to go…” I felt we were at least going in the right direction. After singing the hymn by Mrs Eddy, many times…”all the rugged way” we arrived home, safely.
    With God, all things are possible. This happened over 40 years ago & I’m still grateful
    Thank u Evan & faithful readers, today & each day.

3. Josef Pfister
    August 7, 2018

Yeah he does. I made one really big one years ago and I’ve been blessed many times over because of it. Not just materially, although that as well, but bountifully in spiritual consciousness helping me to realize that it is not my thought that counts, but spiritual understanding that is available to everyone.

4. Joann
    August 7, 2018

Thank you for this reminder Evan. I’m always grateful when I become aware of my thought going in the wrong direction and knowing it’s not my thought can make a u-turn back to my Father.

August 7, 2018

thank you Evan – very comforting to know about that possibility.

We know with God all things are possible – all good is possible, as our all loving God is only good and all good, as MBE assures us in SH .

And from my life experience I can very gratefully witness that God allowed U-turns.

Whereby, what does ”U-turns” exactly mean?

Would be happy if you explained it – thanks a lot!

What a phantastic foto

• Brian
      August 7, 2018

Hi Uta…U-turn means to turn around so you are going in the opposite direction (i.e. if you were headed North, after a U-Turn, you would be headed South). The term is based on the path a car would trace when doing this (imagine if you were dragging a paint brush behind your car when you turned around 180 degrees, the end result would be a paint mark in the shape of a ‘U’.

August 7, 2018

Oh, thank you very much Brian!

After your very nice and thorough and loving explanation I now can picture it all, and I do understand U-turn now. 🙂

6. John
    August 7, 2018

Facing a belief, This strong statement helps handle discouragement..

August 7, 2018

A great reminder. Thank you Evan.

8. Penelopebythesea
    August 7, 2018

Or, a YOU turn, as in ” I look to Thee in every need and never look in vain. ” Yes? (From hymn 134, Christian Science Hymnal)

• Uta , Germany

Y e s, dear Penelope !

I love hymn 134 – thank you

9. Brian
    August 7, 2018

Thanks Evan. When I first starting using a GPS I noticed when it wanted me to make a U-turn it wouldn’t announce “make a U-turn”. Instead it would announce “make a left” and once I did that it would announce “make another left”. I think that often resembles how I’m led by God…i.e. I need to take the first step and then I’ll be directed to take the next step, but all of the steps may not be revealed to me from the start…sometimes it’s not until I take a step that I learn enough to know what is the next step to take.

I also think about the following paragraph from the article entitled “God’s Law of Adjustment” by Adam Dickey if I ever detect human will is trying to make me stick with a direction/decision that isn’t right.

Christian Scientists are sometimes accused of being changeable. What if they are, if it is always God that changes them? Is a Christian Scientist
    any less a Scientist because he changes his views of things? Is a general less fit to lead his army because in the heat of battle he changes his tactics under the guidance of wisdom? A too determined sense of carrying out a preconceived plan is more likely to be the enthronement of erring human will.

August 7, 2018

Brian, thank you for your inspiring comment!

I just want to add something to it, namely to your question: Is a Christian Scientist any less a Scientist because he changes his views of things?
      I would answer, a Christian Scientist is m o r e a Scientist if he changes his mortal views of things, due to God`s guidance to spiritual views of things!

Well, is that good we can help each other to understand the things better!

• Brian
        August 7, 2018

Uta, Thank you. I just want to point out the last paragraph of my comment was a quote from Adam Dickey’s article. So the question starting with “Is a Christian Scientist any less a Scientist…” isn’t my question, it’s from “God’s Law of Adjustment”.

• Uta , Germany
          August 7, 2018

ok Brian, very good, thanks.

Will read that article.

August 9, 2018

thank you very much, Brian for the link to Adam Dickey`s article “God`s law of adjustment”. A very healing article!

I printed all 10 pages out although I have that article in German.
          But in English the metaphysics is more distinct than the German translation. 🙂

August 7, 2018

It’s all about getting New Views, isn’t it…..? (the Spirit View!) and then it seems like our direction changes. We, living on the Earth Plane, still think in terms of Time and Space, but from the realm of Spirit, it’s about a shift in thought from the material view to the spiritual view!

August 7, 2018

Thanks so much for your comment dear friend, Penny. We were once close friends, and now friends from a distance. I love Hymn 134 and sing it often.

12. Curran
    August 8, 2018

Very helpful. It actually “U-turned” my thoughts about a messy situation years ago, when I was led to make a U-turn in an important relationship that did not lead in the best and most productive direction.