Truth outweighs popular belief

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 | 29 Comments
Truth outweighs popular belief

If you pray for healing over a health issue that your neighbor might take a medicine for, be clear that the Truth you are relying upon is by far the most powerful remedy known to mankind for relief from your ailment.

Mary Baker Eddy wrote,

“The universal belief in physics weighs against the high and mighty truths of Christian metaphysics. This erroneous general belief, which sustains medicine and produces all medical results, works against Christian Science; and the percentage of power on the side of this Science must mightily outweigh the power of popular belief in order to heal a single case of disease” Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 155.

When going to God in prayer, its important that God has your ear, not popular belief.

We live in a realm of thought, and if one hundred million people believe you should take an aspirin for a head pain, and you are inclined to listen and believe what your neighbor argues, then you might start to believe the same thing. However, if you are clear that only what God knows and supports has legitimacy and weight, you will not be persuaded, and spiritual healing will come much quicker.

The truth is, popular opinion has no weight in the scale of Truth. When we turn to God for spiritual healing, belief does not play a role. Truth is the only factor. What is true between you and God is all that matters. It doesn’t make any difference what anyone else believes. Their opinion carries the weight of nothing.

Truth outweighs all popular belief and renders it powerless and unpersuasive.

When you stand on the side of Truth, you stand on the winning side.

1. Desiree
    April 3, 2018

Thank you , this answers what has been on my mind for a while

2. BEE
    April 3, 2018

Thank you Evan!! Always appreciate the strength and conviction in these blogs.

3. Renis
    April 3, 2018

Thank you Evan. I woke up asking God to give me the answer, to show me the way. When I turned on my phone and checked your blog there was my answer!
    God is so good he directs us and protects us and if we took a wrong turn he gently leads us home.

Thank you Evan! I love this especially,

“When we turn to God for spiritual healing, belief does not play a role. Truth is the only factor. What is true between you and God is all that matters.”

5. mary
    April 3, 2018

Good reminder! Thank you!

6. Jane
    April 3, 2018

I find that every topic shared on this blog is complete and beautifully written. Thank you, Evan!

7. Kelley

Thank you! Thank you!

8. grace
    April 3, 2018

Popular belief being unpersuasive to the spiritual thinker…isn’t that a wonderful thought? I might add popular belief seems very uninteresting as well to the spiritual thinker. Really good blog, Evan, thank you!

9. Carol
    April 3, 2018

True, no matter how many people believe something to be, does not make it so. 0 times no matter how many folks believe in it, Still equals 0!

10. Richard
    April 3, 2018

This is an excellent help. Handling World belief is indispensable in treatment. I needed that reminder. Thank you

11. chilesands
    April 3, 2018

This laser sharp Truth from Mrs. Eddy, cuts away all untrue false beliefs, that error has any power, or sway over our spiritual being, even any shadow of inheriting sin, disease, or death from our human family. My friend’s twin sister “had it” so now my friend can have cancer is purely impossible. To eliminate accepting that false statement, today your blog cuts error out at the core. What a wonderful Truth, to apply.

April 3, 2018

I am so grateful for this blog. Thank you Evan and all. Blessings to all today.

13. Kate

Thank you Evan.

April 3, 2018

Thanks, Evan, for that great reminder! Popular or world belief is a big fat “0.” God, good, is All and the only power.

15. Nadine
    April 3, 2018

Thank you Evan. As many these blogs seem to be tailor made for our individual situations. Standing on the side of the Truth.

16. Kenny Toy
    April 3, 2018

Faith is belief in Truth and in the words of Wendell Phillips, “one with God is a majority.”
    Mis. 245:23

17. Maximo

Very powerful and timely
    and wonderfully thought
    provoking…!

18. Peggy H
    April 3, 2018

This is a terrific blog today. Many thanks Evan. It’s very helpful and definitely a “keeper”.

April 3, 2018

Appreciate the reminder. A keeper.

April 3, 2018

Thank you Evan, very much for giving us the absolute conviction that Truth, divine Truth, outweighs all popular belief and renders it powerless and unpersuasive.

In former years, decades ago, I took aspirin. Well it helped for the moment or a bit longer. But it did not heal really. Rather what Evan says is relevant, that only what God knows and supports has legitimacy and weight and therefore heals permanently.

Your thirdlast paragraph is absolute wonderful, leaving not a tiny bit of doubt, that Truth is the only factor, and what is true between us and God is all that matters.

So it is important to stand on the side of Truth and then we always win!

Thank you Evan for your very blessing blog!

21. jhp
    April 3, 2018

Evan, Once more, just a simple thank you for reminding me to correct my thought and to
    stick to it!

Hi Karen,

if you read this SpiritView today.

In the German Herold there is your wonderful testimony of loosing weight and other healings published. It is also nice to read it in German, thank once more! 🙂

• Karen
      April 4, 2018

Thank you for letting me know Uta ! I knew the Daily Lift had been sent out in German but I didn’t know that the testimony would be in the Herald as well. I haven’t received it online yet. I have been cherishing the Periodicals as God embracing the world in truth and have been so grateful to be just a small part of that embrace. This is so kind of you to let me know…I’m very grateful!

April 4, 2018

Karen, it is in the German April 18 Herold. I could send you the whole Herold in German or per email just your testimony. If so, tell me how we could manage that.

• Karen
          April 4, 2018

Thank you for your kind offer Uta. Once I knew it was in the Journal I found it on JSH. But many thanks!

23. Karen
    April 4, 2018

Sorry…I meant to say Herald.

April 4, 2018

Nothing escapes Truth. Regardless of whatever you think or do to stop it you can’t ! Truth is the only power and presence . It is always on the field and it always is the victor!

April 4, 2018

Thank you Patty, so true, I love what you say!

26. Rhonda