Trust God to lead you

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 | 23 Comments
Trust God to lead you

“We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”

~ Proverbs 16:9, NLT

It’s often tempting for the human mind to believe that success is dependent upon its own efforts and planning. But God has the best plans!

Silence human will, self-righteousness and fear and let God lead you. You’ll be much happier with the results.

Print Friendly

1. Daniele

Thank you so much Evan.
    D.

2. grace
    February 9, 2017

But God has the best plans!
    Love that line!
    Thanks, Evan,short but sweet today.:-)

3. Carol
    February 9, 2017

Thank you so much Evan for these precious gems of inspiration. I am reminded of learning in Sunday School so many years ago…
    God ~ Good ~ Guides ~ Guards and Governs. I have often found in my life, that after planning and worrying, fretting and not knowing how an outcome would turn out, if I just listened to what God had planned and didn’t insist on doing my will, it turned out to be a much Better plan than I could have ever imagined or come up with. Also a simple but effective way of looking at fear, F alse E vidence A ppearing R eal

4. Jan in Rio Rancho, NM

For sure!
    Thanks, Evan.

February 9, 2017

When we let God guide, not only are we in our rightful place but all those we encounter are in their rightful place too. When God guides, all activity is governed by the divine (divine science).

6. maximo

Our mind is
    Gods mind…
    When seen aright

7. Kim H
    February 9, 2017

Thank you Evan for this timely reminder! Blessings to all.

8. Ellen Biemer
    February 9, 2017

Totally what I’ve been working with recently! Thanks!

Trusting, and listening for each step – God will guide us in the right path.

I’ve been feeling overwhelmed with feeling like I’m not getting enough done, combined with exhausted feeling Ike I’m doing too much. Listening each moment for what God wants me to do is invaluable! Knowing that S/He guides me each moment, and gives me the energy to accomplish what’s really important, takes the pressure off. I don’t have to do the prioritizing. I just have to listen, and obey.

9. Bevi, Sandpoint, ID
    February 9, 2017

Turning our will and our lives over to the care of God……..trying to practice this each day!

10. Kathy
    February 9, 2017

Thank you, Evan. Love always your sharing of inspiration and everyone’s loving comments. I woke yesterday with this thought ..”We go where Love goes.” No separation between the leading and following.

11. debbie
    February 9, 2017

Maybe not very metaphysical but I always say, Man Plans and God laughs! At least I try to
    remember that, at times!!

12. Katharine

Love this! Thank you Evan. 🙂

February 9, 2017

Thanks, Evan, for this great reminder. I have an article that includes the thought that it is wise to plan, but never outline. I try to follow this.

14. nadine
    February 9, 2017

” give me understanding and I shall live.”PS115 just came to thought after I read this.
    N

15. Scott
    February 9, 2017

There was a wonderful testimony last night, where the testifier was led out of very difficult circumstances by following what her father had told her, which was to”pray. listen and take a step.” When she intuition came to list their house, she did so immediately, even though she needed to fix dinner. The house sold the next day. Pray, listen, and take a step. Most importantly, follow through, take the step.

16. Slim
    February 9, 2017

Many thanks Evan! God’s will to each and every one of us is spiritual good.
    “To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, today is big with blessings” Mary Baker Eddy.

17. Brian
    February 9, 2017

Thank you Evan and thanks to everyone for your great comments!

Even though I was raised a Christian Scientist, I’m sorry to say for many many years I didn’t get it. Only relatively recently have I really started to realize that a loving God IS in control of everything. Which means everything is ALREADY in perfect harmony. My life purpose is therefore to see spiritually (i.e in thought) God, Love, in control of a perfect harmonious creation and act from that standpoint. I used to think I had to use prayer to change something bad into something good, but really I just need to SEE the good right where the bad SEEMS to exist and act according to what I hear God tell me to do. I just need to reason out in thought why “bad” cannot exist because God, good, would not allow it. Human will, self-righteousness, fear, stress, etc. if allowed to reside in our thinking hide God’s perfect harmonious creation from view and prevent us from hearing God. So only by silencing those negative thoughts through praying to realize and understand Love is in control do we start to see the harmony that is already in place…God’s creation! Good is already there…See and enjoy it!

• Lilly
      February 11, 2017

This makes so plain what it is all about…..I needed to see this…. God provides! Thank you for listening to and following God’s direction to write this!

Thanks to all!

19. Bea
    February 9, 2017

Thanks, Evan. I’m taking God’s guidance to heart right now in a big life change plan. For, as Robert Burns wrote: “The best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.”

February 9, 2017

Brian I loved your thoughts. I need to unsee the material and replace it with God’s goodness. We live and move and have our being in God. Anything unlike God’s goodness is unreal untrue. My daily prayer is I am the idea that God shines through for He and I are one not two. He wants me when and where I stand; I will not fear nor will nor plan. If I be relaxed and free He will carry out His plan through me.

21. Jane
    February 10, 2017

Perfect. …I too have gone through life trying to fix matter. “Breaking through the clouds of darkness” it works somewhat but as Brian stated you suddenly start to get it. When I realized there is no darkness and God’s law is in control and “we live and move and have our being ” in God a light went on and I have progressed so much more in understanding of how to work from perfection.
    This S.V. blog has been a great help. Thanks all.

22. Pat
    February 10, 2017

Another very helpful article/reminder from dear Evan. Years ago C.S. helped me to overcome willfulness and MY way. I was taught, “Not my will but Thine be done.” ( Luke 22:42.) I have made progress, but still try to arrest my willful thinking with God’s words…when I do there is always a good result. Evan’s wonderful reminder and all the comments have reinforced my desire to do ONLY God’s will. Gratitude springs forth to all.