Be grateful for enough

Posted on May 11, 2017 | 14 Comments
Be grateful for enough

Have you ever been tempted to eat a little more dessert because it tasted so good, and then you felt over-stuffed and started to moan because you ate too much?

“Enough is as good as a feast.”

~ English Proverb

Rejoice in enough already!

1. Maximo
    May 11, 2017

The best things in Life
    are not things

2. SpiritViewFan
    May 11, 2017

I appreciate learning that material things are not what they seem to be, and learning to “resolve things into thoughts…then thoughts into spiritual ideas,” (as Mary Baker Eddy teaches us to do). Then we find that ideas are the substance we seek…spiritual ideas…true ideas, God’s ideas. These are truly satisfying.

For example, our house is built of wood, sheetrock, nails, paint, etc. But it is not difficult to
    see that these are only symbols of the human concept of the spiritual idea, “home,” which is
    security, peace, comfort, beauty, place, etc. All qualities that are part of us all, in truth, given to us from God. The belief of “homelessness” can be increasingly resolved, removed from the human dream, by our acknowledgement and living of these qualities.
    I’m trying!

And of course, food is a big subject on this planet.
    Let’s help to get Real on this one, folks!

;<))

May 11, 2017

This is a lesson I seriously still am working to complete. Thank you Evan another post for my notebook.

4. JOAN W
    May 11, 2017

Maximo, brevity makes the point! Great.

5. Trista
    May 11, 2017

Thank you God and thank you Evan. It is enough. I have everything I need right here, right now, in the kingdom of heaven. We are so blessed. Let’s really see it with our spiritual vision.

6. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    May 11, 2017

With Christian Science we are richly blessed – thats how I feel today, and am highly grateful, that God lead me to CS sunday school when I was 10 years old. And later when it seemed that I came off CS, God brought me lovingly back, so that I am fully engaged in it today, and love it very much. Actually we don`t need more because, if you choose God, every thing else we need, will be given us from God richly.

Thank you, Evan, to remind us to be very grateful what we have, because all that is from God.

After all I tune fully into your comment, dear Trista:-)

What a peaceful picture is the above; they hold hands to thank God for what they got.

7. Betty Tuttle
    May 11, 2017

Great blog, Evan, and illuminating responses.
    On my table I have a small note for me- “Not matter but Mind satisfies.” I believe that Mrs. Eddy had the message engraved on some spoons that she gave to some of her students.
    Betty T

8. Jennifer
    May 11, 2017

Thank you Evan! I know you once began to eat less and lost weight. I am doing the same, after a long time of feeling I needed more food. Thank you for going before me and setting the example! God provides all we need!

Jennifer

9. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    May 11, 2017

Jennifer, it was not just eating less, what Evan did. That healing happened on a spiritual basis.
    I remember, that in his lecture “are you flourishing” he uttered, that he prayed for a nicer figure. And I found that so inspiring that one can pray for everything to God, and with God all things are possible. And the needs are met on a spiritual basis.

We can also pray, and we should, that the needs for food in the poorer countries and for all the refugees will be met by the everpresent God, as SpiritViewFan recommends 🙂

10. Nergish
    May 12, 2017

Lovely post Evan. Enough too can be a feast….So so good. SOUL, another name for God, alone can satisfy the longings, the quest for happiness, the emptiness within… Nothing but God, SOUL alone can satisfy the cravings of man…Why? Because SOUL has infinite resources with which to bless mankind and happiness would be more readily attained and more secure in our keeping if sought in SOUL, says Mrs. Eddy. The emptiness within us cannot be filled by material joys which are fleeting and vain… If they bring you happiness today, they bring much more suffering tomorrow…
    Quote It’s often not more matter, whether in the form of food, money, clothes or attention, that makes us genuinely happy and content. It’s what we already have with God, in Spirit, that constitutes real happiness and joy. Unquote.
    So well said Evan, matter never brings genuine happiness and content. Its our spiritual and God derived qualities which we reflect and express viz. goodness, kindness, forgiveness, harmony, peace, calmness, understanding, patience, ability to see the pure reflection of God even when its not so evident, seeing everyone as God sees – pure and perfect, these are the things that bring us more than enough peace, harmony and satisfaction in our life.

• Uta, Hamburg/Germany
      May 12, 2017

Thank you dear Nergish, that does so good and is so inspiring what you commented 🙂

11. Debra
    May 12, 2017

“Enough is as good as a feast” was quoted by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins.

May 12, 2017

Thank you Evan and all. Having grown up dirt poor, but in a home of love and values, I am so grateful for everything little gift I have from God. I do pray for a “nicer figure” that reflects God’s qualities.

The spiritual idea of “home,” which is security, peace, comfort, beauty, place, etc. , can be found in a tent, hut, tree house, etc. -all qualities that are part of us all, in truth, given to us from God. Each individual just needs to acknowledge that.

13. C. W. Gruenig
    May 14, 2017

A friend just told me a moment ago about your blog, Evan. Very impressive and a positive force for good. Thank you for what you are doing.

A great thought about enough being sufficient, too. Thanks again.

CWG