Declare your independence

Posted on Jul 4, 2017 | 19 Comments
Declare your independence

This is Independence Day in the United States, a holiday for citizens to celebrate their nation’s right to self-determination and government free of outside control.

I like to extend the spirit of Independence Day to every day of the year. Mary Baker Eddy wrote, “Like our nation, Christian Science has its Declaration of Independence. God has endowed man with inalienable rights, among which are self-government, reason, and conscience” Science and Health, p. 106.

International political tyranny is one form of oppression peoples and nations frequently fight. But there are many other types, and on a much more personal level. The tyranny of disease, alcohol, gluttony, hopelessness, fear, lack, loss of purpose, aimlessness and their kin. These oppressors of mortal mind would hold us in bondage if not resisted and conquered.

Each of us have a God-given right to live free of external oppression. We are children of God created with inalienable rights to health, happiness and freedom to be everything God created us to be.

God is to be acknowledged as the one and only power over our lives, thoughts and actions.

God is the one supreme ruler over the universe, and the only power to honor and obey.

God always has our best interests in Mind, and works 100% to favor and bless us.

We have everything we need in God to be free of all oppression.

So, feel free to declare your independence from all mortal mind claims on you. Rise in the strength of Truth to shake off all mental and physical shackles, find your life in God, and live free!

Let every day be an Independence Day for you no matter where you live in the world.

1. jhp
    July 4, 2017

Thank you Evan for your tireless work through the year helping us all claim our independence from the material world’s voices. This site is a wonderful gift, I look forward to it daily.

2. Christine
    July 4, 2017

Thank you, Evan, for SpiritView and for all your healing work for Church with its shining light of Christian Science and its message of true independence, freedom, and liberty for all.

3. Ingrid
    July 4, 2017

Gracias Evan, entiendo algo de inglés, lo suficiente para captar las potentes y sublimes enseñanzas que compartes a diario. Siempre encuentro en ellas inspiración que me apoya en mi día a día. Sin duda, la Ciencia Cristiana es un regalo abierto para todo buscador de la Verdad, que nos trae lo suficiente para satisfacer todas nuestras necesidades.

Thanks Evan, I understand a little of English, enough for catching the powerful and sublime teachings you share daily. I always find inspiration in them that is a support my day. Definitely, Christian Science is an open gift for every seeker of Truth, that brings us the enough to satisfy all our needs.

4. Maximo

Ironic, it surely is,
    that our right to
    self determination
    was predicated
    upon taking away
    away that very right
    from the aboriginals
    who’s home was taken
    by our forefathers.

So for me, celebrate?
    Yes, but with respect born
    of Truth

• Evelyn Brookins
      July 4, 2017

Maximo, let’s remember that the “aboriginals” who were here had a lifestyle of attacking and destroying one another’s villages – killing and taking slaves.
      The Indians who came to the aid of The Pilgrims had just had their village destroyed by another tribe, so they turned to the pilgrims for aid and protection. Later, when they had regained their strength, they, too, attacked the pilgrims. This comes from the Journals of the leader of the pilgrims.

Sometimes tribes made peace with the settlers and more often not. They learned to use guns from us and used them to pillage and destroy us. Not because we were invaders, but because that was their lifestyle – to rob and pillage one another.

Do you really believe they would be better off today if the settlers had not come – and the world’s freedom better?

The pilgrims and settlers would have been glad to live in peace – it was not their choice to do battle. Their fate was sealed by the choices they made against us – as well as one another. Let’s keep our history accurate.

• Maximo

That’s the irony
        The native Americans
        respected Spirit and nature
        Lived in harmony with nature
        Avoided warfare at all cost
        Were decimated with our genenocide
        of their people, buffalo and way
        of life.
        By the way, the American empire
        has started more wars for the
        wrong reasons than probably
        any nation on earth.
        Don’t get me wrong, I love
        our country, but let’s be honest
        about our history

5. grace
    July 4, 2017

Excellent Evan! True independence from all tyranny, in any form.
    “Rise in the strength of Truth to shake off all mental and physical shackles, find your life in God, and live free!” Love this, thank you!

6. Brian
    July 4, 2017

Thank you Evan. Happy Independence Day!

One day it occurred to me that if I wanted to imprison someone I had two choices.

1) I could buy a lot of concrete and steel and build an enclosure that was escape proof.

OR

2) I could buy a cheap can of spray paint, paint a square on the ground, put the person I wanted to imprison within the spray paint square outline, and then convince the person that it was impossible to escape that square outline.

It then occurred to me just how many outlines of error I allow myself to be imprisoned by (e.g. outlines of so-called limitations that come with aging, outlines of false beliefs about health, or outlines of so-called other material laws that produce discord, chance, lack, etc., etc.).

And then best of all, it occurred to me that I am as free from these errors right now as the person standing within a spray paint square has always been free from that “enclosure”. To realize my freedom, however, I just need to understand and claim that I AM free right now. Then I need to confidently act from the realization that the Adorable One, God, who loves me unconditionally would never allow me to be imprisoned by discord, fear, illness, pain, or any other error.

Happy Independence Day everyone! Enjoy claiming your independence today and every day!

• Maximo

Brian,
      your thoughts.
      So deeply felt and
      meaningful to me.

• Peggy H.
      July 4, 2017

Bravo, Brian. That was right on! Thank you.

• Anna
      July 4, 2017

Thank you for this good illustration, Brian. Very helpful.

7. Rafikka

Thank you, Evan. Happy Independence Day ❤️

8. Maximo

Love of country should
    include love of all people
    and nations under
    God’s Governance

9. CayDee Kittredge
    July 4, 2017

Great Post Evan, and a Happy Fourth of July to you, Kathy, your Family and all the SpiritVirw commenters!!! As the USA celebrates it’s
    independence today let’s remember … One God … One Nation … One Family … no matter where we live in this world … celebrate your independence, embrace the Fact that you are free and under God’s GOVERNMENT ONLY … God loves you as His spiritual, perfect child … the one He made
    Happy day to all, caydee

10. Kathy
    July 4, 2017

Yes, happy 4th to you all…and I’m so grateful for “the real and the true”!

July 4, 2017

Great message Evan and Brian. As Grace said, “Rise in the strength of Truth to shake off all mental and physical shackles, find your life in God, and live free!” Love this from MBE. Needed to see that today. ” Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need” -MBE. Happy Independence Day to all.

Mary Ann

12. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    July 4, 2017

Thank you so much Evan, I need the absolute truths of your today`s SV very much, so healing!

Thank you Brian, the divine words you use, i.e. … the realization that the Adorable One, God, who loves me unconditionally, would never allow me to be imprisoned by discord, fear, illness, pain or any other error” – oh that is so comforting and uplifting. 🙂

13. KarlE
    July 5, 2017

Thank you for your ongoing Truths and realities of Christian Science…

14. Donna
    July 6, 2017

I am really glad I was told about your blog. You have inspired me ever since I heard you lecture in my church. I love knowing that I am free from error and all its evil claims every day. Thank you Evan.