A worthy New Year’s goal

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 | 19 Comments
A worthy New Year’s goal

Here’s a worthy New Year’s goal that will have a guaranteed good effect on everything you do over the coming twelve months: Live in Christ!

Christ is the power and presence of God all around.

Christ is the Mind of God that is filled with inspiring uplifting thoughts.

Christ is the Love of God that is ever-present to guide, guard and comfort.

Christ is spiritual mindedness.

Christ is your spiritual individuality reflecting the perfection of God.

Christ is ever-satisfied, never hungry for something more material but content with what it already has spiritually.

Christ is peace. There is no turmoil, angst, worry, fretting, or fear in the outlook of Christ.

Christ is harmony.

Christ is joy.

Christ is health, exempt from all disease and free of all pain.

Christ is Life, ever-strong, active, mobile, free, and energized.

Christ is productive, always accomplishing something worthwhile and useful.

Christ is the healing power of God that meets every human need.

Christ is all there is worth living for.

When you have Christ, you have everything.

“So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!” II Cor. 5:17, NRSV.

1. Kate Rayner
    January 3, 2018

Dear Evan – bless you – you are such a blessing! Many thanks for your willingness to leave all for Christ.
    Kate

2. Anne Daly, England
    January 3, 2018

Thank you, thank you Evan – this is just what I needed to know this morning! What a wonderful way to start the new year.

3. Anne Daly, England
    January 3, 2018

PS I have just printed it out so I can pin it up on the wall and keep looking at it!

• Linda
      January 3, 2018

I have also printed it to refer to daily. What a clear explanation of what living in Christ means. Thank you, Evan!

4. Gustavo
    January 3, 2018

Hi Evan, and group. Today’s article is wonderful. In a clear and practical way, you detail what the CHRIST is. The first thing I love, is the mother phrase of each paragraph: Christ IS. Christ is a verb, always, always in ACTION. It was not and will not be, “IS”. “ALWAYS IS”. Therefore, it is always in us. For our projects, goals, if they are pure and noble, the effect of the result will be the consequence of the omnipresence of the Christ and its meaning !!!! Blessings to all.

January 3, 2018

Great Spiritview! Thank you!

January 3, 2018

Thank you Evan for the so long extended spiritual explanation of the Christ!
    In former years I asked myself how can I unerstand the Christ more clearly.
    N o w this wonderful very inspiring SpiritView does explain it to the full!

Of course I print it out, so as Anne Daly does, and hang it up where I can see it often.
    Evan, I am very happy with it 🙂

7. NancyWV
    January 3, 2018

Thanks! What a sweeping view that covers all our needs.

8. Tyke

Oh thank you Evan! “ now I know, even as I am known “

9. Nadine
    January 3, 2018

Thank you for this list. It will be great reading for the year. I have been noticing the old program in the background is still running so it is time to disinstall and replace with a deeper understanding of the truth of my being. this will be a great addition. thanks again

10. Lynda
    January 3, 2018

Thank you, Evan. Excellant article on the Christ. Bob and I always enjoy your nuggets of Truth and Love. Happy New Year!!!!

11. Trista

12. Karen
    January 3, 2018

Thank you so much! Just what I needed on a day I am taking off work to pray and know the Truth about me and all!

13. Bill Gearhart
    January 3, 2018

We can always count on you for your covered care. Happy New Year and what a nice way to start. I think Mart Baker Eddy had written on a piece of paper before she passed indicating “God is my life” ?

Adding to Christ is our life, my version.

January 3, 2018

Thanks so much, Evan, for a very timely and complete reminder to keep me, and everyone, on track in the New Year and beyond. Just what I needed this morning.

January 3, 2018

Good morning all. Trista said it all for me: “Thank you for the expansive definition of the Christ. I have been yearning to understand the Christ more deeply and this is very helpful. How could I not want to live there, in the Christ?! Thank you father-mother God, thank you Evan, thank you SV family.”

16. Karin
    January 3, 2018

Another one to hang on my wall. Thanks

January 3, 2018

Thanks, Evan, for showing us how our having Christ gives us everything. I have a favorite passage from MY: 244:3-5: “If we say that the sun stands for God, then all his rays collectively stand for Christ, and each separate ray for men and women.” We live in Christ!

18. Joan w
    January 4, 2018

I like Gustavo’s addition – Christ is a verb – ACTION, & ALWAYS. Reading Evan’s comments make us feel good, but it is the ACTION we take that has good effects.