Raise your eyes to God

Posted on May 22, 2018 |
Raise your eyes to God

“If you do not raise your eyes you will think that you are the highest point.”

~ Antonio Porchia

Sometimes, in keeping up with a long list of demands on our time, our gaze may slip to watching only the immediate ground we need to cover in front of us.

We may be thinking, “Just one more errand, one more task, one more job to do…and then everything will be okay.” But then there’s another job, another task, and the grinding routine goes on without end.

If this happens, look up! Look up and out from your present position to the allness of God.

Success in life is not dependent upon you and how hard you work. Its dependent upon God and all the blessings that flow your way from God. To receive those blessings, we need to keep our thought open to God and in a ready and receptive mode for divine inspiration coming our way.

You are not the master of your own universe. God is the universe you live in, and God is the Master Source of all good.

Keep your mental eye on God, and life will run much smoother and happier.

1. Yvonne Q-P
    May 22, 2018

Wow! Thanks for sharing this perspective…insight…reminder

2. Debbie

Thank you!

3. Diane

Great perspective thank you Evan

4. Fay
    May 22, 2018

Thank you Evan. I recently realized that all my work was actually done for God and His Idea, it has taken a great burden off my shoulders knowing that there is no persona [mask] to God, ultimately we are only expressing/performing the creativity and love of God.
    Ps 61:2 “From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

5. Patricia
    May 22, 2018

“I will lift up mind eyes unto the hills.
    From whence cometh my help?
    My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth” Psalm 121

6. Alan
    May 22, 2018

Thank Evan! Was in the midst of the grinding routine and the insight was just what was needed to refocus on God.

May 22, 2018

Thank you so much, Evan, so helpful and needed.
    Thank you for lovingly teaching us and giiving us a very big Lift everyday.

It reminds me of the first verse of hymn no. 189 which I do love:
    “Mine eyes look toward the mountains,
    Help cometh from on high;
    From God who never slumbers,
    Whose care is ever nigh.
    My foot shall not be moved,
    My keeper is the Lord,
    He never shall forsake me;
    I trust me to His Word.

Thank you Fay for your comment, and of course all others, too.
    Since decades I know and worked with that Truth, that God is the only Boss.
    And with this Boss everything is going right and is blessing and healing!

8. SpiritViewFan
    May 22, 2018

It’s almost humorous how some folks (me!) get into the belief that
    humans are running the universe! With all the obvious consequences…
    in belief. But that is all “outside” of the infinite, of which there is
    none!

So, on we go, learning and leaning on this wonderful infinite divine Love,
    our Rock!

“To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, to-day is big with blessings.”
    ~Mary Baker Eddy, page one of the Preface to Science and Health with Key to the
    Scriptures.

May 22, 2018

Thank you Evan and all for this wonderful inspiration. Blessings to all today.

May 22, 2018

“A deeper understanding of what it means to be human leads inevitably toward a source of wisdom outside the self.” Al-Anon

11. Katie
    May 22, 2018

Evan, please give your blog readers a couple of sentences to clariify “Success in life is not dependent upon you and how hard you work.” My developing thought is that working hard utilizing your ability and talents from God to achieve a worthy goal is good. However, success is already yours, because when God created you it was part of the complete package of your life. Thank you.

• Ingrid Butaya
      May 22, 2018

Hello, a great help to clarofy that we need to do the work, (and not just pray n keep praying only), but that the main thing is never to lake away the focus on all what God is, divine goodness, Love, Life, Truth, etc. So that the great task can be done, under the Government, leading and protection of Almighty Spirit and Mind
      Great help has been studying n keeping in thought “Improve your Time” by Mary Baker Eddy amd what George Muller says about work and pray and pray and work.
      This has blessed me so just sharing the blessing. 🙂
      Love n Peace IB

May 22, 2018

that is right what you declare. I do understand it also like that.

And Mary Baker Eddy says: “work, work, work, watch and pray.”

And of course we do reflect God`s doing in every good work, we do!

Love from Uta

• Evan

Hi Katie,

To answer your question, it’s possible to work super hard and not get very far. So, it’s not the “hard work” that really gets the results. Its the intelligence, wisdom, insight and industriousness we express while working that promotes progress. And those qualities come from God.

May 22, 2018

Thanks, Evan, and everyone for your sweet thoughts. How great it is to know we can rely on our Father with all our heart and all will be (and is) well.

13. Maximo

If you can detect
    when you are in personal
    sense… with its limited
    thinking capacity which amounts to nothing
    more than a recombining
    of all the lies of reality you’ve been taught…
    as opposed to your natural state of Higher Mind awareness…peace, unlimited ideas to remove all illusion of the human condition… then your feet are firmly on the path

14. Rhonda