The ladder of spiritual understanding

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 |
The ladder of spiritual understanding

If it ever looks like you have a steep climb ahead of you with no way to get from the bottom to the top of the problem you face, take heart. God will provide a way up!

Here’s a vlog I produced while hiking in the Badlands National Park last month that talks about the ladder of spiritual understanding we can climb to get on top of any challenge we face.

You can take the first step now!

“The ladder of spiritual understanding”

1. Gillian Smith
    July 11, 2018

Thank you Evan for this glorious post…. it meets pressing needs and I am moving forward – I KNOW it. With love G

2. Patricia
    July 11, 2018

This is such an apt post–thank you.

Genesis 28:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
    12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

I like your point about reaching out to God first (ascending thought) and then the angels descend to give us the spiritual ideas needed as we climb.

3. Diane Taylor-Dickey
    July 11, 2018

“… take heart God will provide a way up!”

This immediately stood out like it was lit with neon lights! Thank you thank you

4. Christine
    July 11, 2018

Again wonderful, Evan, thank you! All your generous sharing in so many ways over the years continues to lift, heal, & surely bless all – abiding thanks!

5. Sarah
    July 11, 2018

Thank you for the many wonderful ideas to work with here.
    No doubt the one Mind directed you to share this (as always).
    It meets an immediate need and I will carry it with me and refer to it often!!
    So GRATEFUL!!

6. Deb Skyberg
    July 11, 2018

This message is simply amazing! Each step or rung is not only helpful and supportive in our ascent but necessary. We can’t bypass the needed lessons or steps to the summit but we can use each rung, each thought from God to reach the summit of healing. It’s not about us climbing, it’s about listening to and learning about God’s love and care for us. Then we find ourselves at the top. Thank you dear Evan.

7. Libby
    July 11, 2018

Thank you Evan! Such an uplifting message for us today. I really appreciate the idea that God provides the way – one step, one spiritual thought, at a time – to rise above any problem. A great reminder that God is always here for us.

8. Carol
    July 11, 2018

Thank you for taking us with you on your adventure through life, Evan! This message is so simple, but yet so Profound!

9. SpiritViewFan
    July 11, 2018

I’ve been told (!) that humility is the first step (rung), and that the rungs we have used, (conquered!) disappear when we reach the next step. Guess there is only UP!!

(I like UP.)

:<)) Good one, as always, Evan. And thanks for the analogy.
    "Spiritual teaching must always be by symbols." MBE

10. Carol Petersen

Love it!!

11. Charla
    July 11, 2018

Thank you for this SpiritView. Long haul with a chronic illness. Not feeling well, again, last night. So tempted to just give up! Your message was encouraging.

12. otieno julius obondo
    July 11, 2018

I here by take this opportunity to ,say thanks unto your bible lesson ,support posting and,teaching the word of God.

we want one of you to come, and visit us in kenya church oneday,this is requesting of christian science andato healers church,we are being looking toword to meet you at kisumu airport.God willing,may the bless his work.

13. Chrissie Addison
    July 11, 2018

Perfect timing on this sharing for me as I face dental work in near future. One idea at a time. Thanks, Evan, for sharing your inspirations/angelic thoughts with us.

14. Sally Patton
    July 11, 2018

So simple, so true, fantastic – thank you!

15. Joan R Westgate
    July 11, 2018

Dear Otieno Julius Obondo, thank you for your lovely invitation to visit your church. We indeed are ‘one’ in God, with God. It is a small world. You are also warmly invited and welcomed to visit our church in Napa, California.

16. Nadine
    July 11, 2018

thank you. I was re reading your blog on waiting on the Lord, not in time. This dovetailed nicely.

July 11, 2018

That was Beautiful, Evan! Thank You so much! “Step by step will those who trust Him find that God is a very Present Help in trouble.” Somewhere in Science & Health! Your childlike sweetness and love are so evident!

18. Annepat, England
    July 11, 2018

I feel very humbled by this gloriious SpiritView, Evan. I do struggle at times to see the way forward, but yes – one step at a time is just the message for me.

Much love and gratitude to you.

19. Annepat UK
    July 11, 2018

Can you please tell me how I can find this blog on U-tube for future views of it? Or if I save this whole issue of SpiritView, will the blog stay there\/

• Uta, Germanyu

Hi dear Annepat,

you can get all the Vlogs at everytime if you let your mouse pointer show at the word “Media” at this right side on the very top and there you click on the word “Vlogs” and you get all Vlogs Evan presented us so lovingly and joyfully last year.. It is easy to get – Love from Uta 🙂

Hi Annepat,

if you let show your mouse pointer at this right side on the very top of this page on the word “Media” you see the word “Vlogs”. And whenever you want to watch any of these wonderful Vlogs of Evan, you click on the word “Vlogs” und you can get all the Vlogs, Evan presented us so lovingly last year.

Hope you find it, it`s easy – Love Uta

July 11, 2018

Oh sorry, I sent it twice by mistake, I clicked twice at the button “Submit Comment”.
      But most important, you will understand how to get the Vlogs.

20. Ann Garvey
    July 11, 2018

Perfect, as always, Evan! A new reminder that we conquer everything by taking one step forward– sometimes the first step is into the Red Sea– which then parts for us, and we are led onward. What a blessing your daily Spiritview messages are, adding to our storagehouse of prayer, the closet we enter for inspiration. Blessings to you!

21. Josef Pfister
    July 11, 2018

Excellent! Ellen and I enjoyed your video together this morning. Thank you.

22. John
    July 11, 2018

Finding that first step and trusting that it will support you on to taking the next step is vital.

July 11, 2018

As also said by Carol, thank you Evan for taking us with you on your adventure through life! This message is so simple, but yet so profound! And ditto Bevi “Step by step will those who trust Him find that God is a very Present Help in trouble.” (Somewhere in Science & Health! ) Your childlike sweetness and love are so evident!

24. Cynthia Wayman
    July 11, 2018

I’ve read this several times today…it is absolutely brilliant. So inspiring and so simple and straightforward
    Thank you so much for this ANF all your blogs

July 11, 2018

Oh, thank you so much dear Evan, for your today`s vlog you presented us so lovingly, so childlike simple to understand it very well and yet so very inspiring. It is very courage making for everyone who needs it. I do need it, and I am very inspired by those wonderful angel ideas.

It reminds me at the angels who went up and down a ladder reaching to heaven, when Jacob dreamed that. But it showed him later when he was awake that God was and is with him right in that place.

Thank you Evan for that lot of courage you give us all. I am happy with your very convincing assurance, that God will provide us a way up !

And thanks all for the inspired comments ! 🙂

26. Suzette
    July 12, 2018

This is wonderful, Evan! A lovely reminder that each rung of the ladder is a necessary spiritual lesson or truth to stand on to take the next step. It doesn’t matter how fast we go.

Evan, your vlogs are presented with such joy, encouragement, and absolute conviction that it inspires thoughts of “Of course I can do this! God’s with me!” Thank you.

Thank you to Deb — well put; Ann, great analogy; and John, for reminding us that trust is essential. Really helpful thoughts.

27. Sally
    July 12, 2018

Dear Evan,
    I found myself sending on your website address to two other members from church it is so good and clearly stated. I enjoy then all. Thank you.