What a friend can do

Posted on May 19, 2017 | 17 Comments
What a friend can do

β€œA friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”

– Unknown

Print Friendly

1. Nergish
    May 19, 2017

Surely, so well said, A friend is someone who knows whats going on in our hearts and can even listen to words unsaid… A friend is God’s most precious gift to mankind. Though not related by blood, many a times our friends are closer to us than our own relatives… That’s because God brings friends together and keeps them together. Deeply grateful to God for the wonderful gift of good friends.

There is no better friend than GOD HIMSELF. He is the friend of friendless… He is with us 24/7, most loving and kind, dependable, loyal and unchangeable. His love for us is unconditional and pure. Hymn No. 224, mentions beautifully that GOD IS OUR BEST OUR EVER FRIEND.

“O Lord, I would delight in Thee.
    And on Thy care depend;
    To Thee in every trouble flee,
    My BEST, MY EVER FRIEND.
    When all material streams are dried,
    Thy fullness is the same;
    May I with this be satisfied,
    And glory in Thy name.

All good, where’er it may be found,
    Its source doth find in Thee;
    I must have all things and abound,
    While God is God to me,
    Oh that I had a stronger faith,
    To look within the veil,
    To credit what my Saviour saith,
    Whose word can never fail.

He that has made my heaven secure,
    Will here all good provide;
    While Christ is rich, can I be poor?
    What can I want beside?
    O God, I cast my care on Thee;
    I triumph and adore;
    Henceforth my great concern shall be
    To love and praise Thee more.”

• Jane

One of my favorites.

• Uta, Hamburg/Germany

Thank you Nergish, I love that song, too;
      and thats right, God is our very best friend! πŸ˜‰

HE knows my song in my heart and can sing it back –
      He is my comforter, my healer, my ever best friend.

Thank you Evan, that you let us think about a real friend.
      For me friendship is a spiritual quality, pure, good and honest, yes also healing which everybody can express πŸ™‚

2. Charla
    May 19, 2017

So grateful for the SpiritView today and the Daily Lift. So often I have been lifted up by some word or thought from these Siritual helps provided for us. Today was no exception. Yesterday was quite difficult for me and I woke up this morning determined to turn my thinking around. Right away I remembered a Dear Friend who has often sang my song back to me. For sure I had forgotten the words. Then the Daily Lift was so “right on ” for me today. I’m reminded that God is here with us provideding everything we need every moment, EVERYTHING! EVERY MOMENT! Thank you
    God for always being with us to carry us forward ” lifting the shade of gloom”.

3. Carol
    May 19, 2017

Thank you, Evan, and all who come here to Spirit View, for being such wonderful friends! My gratitude to you all is immeasurable. Your inspiring thoughts help lift my day. I love that hymn, Nergish, ~ it is one of my favorites. ‘Friends are the flowers in the garden of life’. I love having you all be part of the beautiful bouquet of spiritual thinking. : )

4. Spiritviewfan
    May 19, 2017

Yes! Our close friends who express unselfed love for us, who are on our Team through “thick and thin,” are like God’s angels, reflecting Divine Love’s Thoughts and Actions.

This is what we get for “dwelling in the Secret place of the Most High, under the Shadow of the Almighty… safe and cozy under Her Wings.

And thank you, SpiritView Friends ;-))

5. Patricia
    May 19, 2017

MBE wrote (Retrospection and Introspection p,80 “There are no greater miracles on earth than perfection and an unbroken friendship.” I am so grateful for my loyal friends!

6. maximo
    May 19, 2017

I am my own best friend….

β˜€οΈ we ask nothing of
    the world….

We ask everything
    of God β˜€οΈ

May 19, 2017

Marvelous thought for today and thank you everyone for your uplifting comments.

8. deb
    May 19, 2017

Yes this!….. & a friend can come from anywhere, be anything that does just this. Thank you!

May 19, 2017

What a beautiful thought for today. Thanks Evan. And thanks to Nergish for sharing one of my favorite hymns which I sing at least once every day. Whatever problems I may be facing the last line of that hymn is my constant companion: “Henceforth my great concern shall be To love and praise Thee more.”

May 19, 2017

Thank you, as always, Evan for your blog. Even the shortest of messages causes us to delve further into our spiritual studies. Appreciate so much all comments.

Nergish thank you for bringing up Hymn 224 – a favorite. This friend is with us no matter where we are.

Lori thank you for telling how you use the last line of that Hymn β€œHenceforth my great concern shall be to love and praise Thee more.” Think I will start with that every morning.

11. Susan
    May 20, 2017

Thank you so much. Evan, for Spiritview! It always brings me much inspiration! Also, I always so much appreciate all the comments. I have been a student of Christian Science for over 50 years, but there is no church where I now live. All you “commenters” feel like church friends!! Thank you!! “Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life”. πŸ™‚

12. Uta, Hamburg/Germany
    May 20, 2017

Hi Susan, Church is not necessarily bricks and mortar but exactly that what MBEddy explaines in S&H p.583 in the glossary under church. Every good dead and every healing through Christ,
    all that is the wonderful healing expression of Church πŸ™‚

Lovely expression of Friends, you wrote, Susan. And yes, I also feel with you as friends of all the SpiritView Fans.

• Susan
      May 22, 2017

Thank you, Uta. I needed to be reminded that there IS Church where I live, because the structure of Truth and Love can’t be contained within four walls! Thank you, church friend!

13. Gustavo
    May 21, 2017

Hi Susan. I agree with Uta. That there is no physical church, it is not decisive, remember that Church is the structure of Truth and Love, and deepening in today’s blog, a friend is the reflection of God, which is Truth and Love
    Blessings to all and thank you

• Susan
      May 22, 2017

Thank you, Gustavo. Yes, you are so right! As I told Uta, I needed the reminder that there IS church where I live, because the true Church isn’t physical. Blessings to you, too!